This was my 2nd bake Pastry Fruit Cake. It was tall and fluffy. Beautiful, however, i still find it quite sweet though...
130g Brown Sugar
50g Strawberry Yoghurt
210g Cake Flour
1tsp Lemon Zest
1tsp Lemon Juice
1tsp Double Baking Powder
Fruits ( canned peach, fresh strawberries and blueberries )
Icing Sugar for dusting
* Line base and lightly grease and dust 8" round pan with flour
* Sift flour, DBP set aside.
* Cream Butter, Sugar and Yoghurt till fluffy. Add in beaten eggs, one at a time, I mixture may look curdle. Add in Vanilla mix well.
* Fold in sifted flour, DBP in 3 addition mix until combine with a hand whisk.
* Pour batter into round pan.
* Arrange fruits on top.
* Pre-heated oven, bake at 180c for 1 hour 40mins for a perfect brown top with my oven. ( adjust your own oven baking time, this cake recipe standard baking duration is 1 hour only )
* Insert toothpick to check the cake. When its cooked, remove from oven cold on wire rack for 20mins, remove cake from pan.
* When cake is cool, dust with icing sugar amount of your liking.